The Darbonne Legacy Project: Transforming the Lives
of Thousands Of Children and Families In Haiti
Championing Large-Scale Transformation and
Prosperity In Haiti
PROJECT UPDATE : Thanks to many generous supporters, as of December 31, 2015, $50,000 has already been raised! We are progressing toward our initial fundraising goal and invite you to share this legacy project with colleagues, friends and family. Together, we will bring much needed change to this community.
We are available to speak with your group about this project. Contact us to set up a presentation. Call: 802-747-0778 or Email: : firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Darbonne Legacy Project Goals:
- Improve the health and livelihood of 1,000s of Haitian children and their families through the provision of sustainable safe water solutions.
- Apply best practice lessons gained from smaller community water projects and transfer them to larger, more densely populated regions.
- Provide new skill-sets and job opportunities to local residents.
- Develop a wide-scale, replicable model for implementing safe water projects in more densely populated Haitian regions. The model will be shared with WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) organizations to expand the reach and impact of safe water solutions across Haiti.
Phase 1: Raise $1,500,000 to reach at least 5,000 families, 25,000 people.
- Raise $200,000 by June 1, 2016 to begin hygiene training & initial filter installations.
“The water here affects our lives tremendously. Acne, diarrhea, vomiting, and worms are normal. Many die. Since the earthquake and cholera, we know the importance of treated water, but we don’t have access to it. If Pure Water, (for the World), can get everyone a filter and training, then God has truly blessed Darbonne.”
– Jude George, Darbonne.
Your Support of the Darbonne Legacy Project Will Help To:
Significantly improve the health and livelihood of thousands of families, by providing:
- Comprehensive safe water solutions to all residents, including:
- Biosand water filters in every home
- Water, hygiene and sanitation education
- Monitoring and follow-up to ensure the cycles of waterborne illness are broken
- New jobs for community members, through:
- Local manufacturing of water filters
- Local processing of sand
- Empowerment for women:
- Lessening the burden of finding clean water
- Reducing the instances of family illnesses
- Providing volunteer community leadership roles that support the continued and consistent use of the safe water tools and practices among all families.
Develop a wide-scale, replicable model for implementing safe water solutions in larger Haitian regions, that includes:
- Third-party studies:
- Studies measure and record the impact, effectiveness, and sustainability of the saturation of safe water solutions in a concentrated region.
- Model development:
- Using data collected by the PWW team during the project, combined with the third-party study results, a replicable model will be created.
- Expanding Impact:
- Model will be shared with WASH (water, sanitation and hygiene) organizations to expand the reach and impact of safe water across Haiti.
BE A PART OF THE LEGACY
Waterborne illnesses are preventable. With your help, we will create a life-changing wave of transformation, for children and families in Haiti through this safe water project.